In lieu of the delicious four-course dinner Sette had planned at the restaurant for Thanksgiving, they have shared this delicious soup recipe with Quintessentially. Part of the Scarpetta restaurant group, from NYC, they have infused the classic Thanksgiving dish – mushroom soup – with an Italian flavour. Expect a rich and indulgent first course, effectively setting the tone for the rest of the meal to follow.
Chestnut & Porcini Soup
350g Porcini mushrooms
50ml Olive oil
1 Bay leaf
50g Chestnuts, cooked
1. Bring water to boil then add bay leaf
2. Wash and cut leeks and porcini mushrooms julienne style, add to the water and cook for 10 minutes
3. Remove bay leaf, blend vegetables with immersion blender until smooth, then add olive oil
4. Separately, slice guanciale in small strips and cook with butter until brown and crispy
5. Chop chestnuts into small cubes
6. Pour soup into a bowl and garnish with guanciale, chestnuts, croutons and truffle oil to your liking
For more Thanksgiving recipes, or to make a future booking at Sette, please contact your lifestyle manager.