Renowned for its versatile and comprehensive dining options, London remains a destination for the culinarily curious. Here are some of the latest and greatest we’ve been frequenting throughout the capital, plus a teaser of what’s on the horizon over the next couple of months.
41A S Audley St, W1K 2PS
Channelling the warm weather and good vibes of the Côte d’Azur, Socca has recently opened in Mayfair. A sunny sensibility permeates the dining spaces, whilst the menu features favourite dishes from the region: socca, of course, as well as pissaladière. During the warmer months, snag an outside table and sip some rosé… and you might actually feel like you’re in the south of France.
Courtesy of two Michelin-starred chef Henrique Sá Pessoa, this Iberian restaurant is spread across two floors in the new Art’otel Battersea. Designed with pastel tones, Joia – meaning ‘jewel’ in Portuguese – spotlights excellent views and a menu intended to be shared, with tapas and large plates focused on traditional Iberian flavours with many local ingredients.
15th Floor, 1 Electric Boulevard, SW11 8BJ
86 Brewer Street W1F 9UB
Open all day and designed with a neighbourhood feel, Nessa is a welcoming drop-in bistro in Soho. Executive Chef Tom Cenci has crafted a menu that draws upon classic items and reimagines them through a playful and exploratory lens with primarily British ingredients. Inspired by the area’s rich bohemian history, the interiors have a warm and energetic feel.
A heavy wine focus – 16 are offered by the glass – sets apart Mister Nice, a new Mayfair restaurant across from C.London. Billing itself ‘contemporary French’, the restaurant features a modern European menu and stylish interiors with a private downstairs area specifically dedicated to wine.
14–16 Davies St, W1K 3DR | Source: The Mayfair Musings
1a Chesterfield St, W1J 5JF
Caviar Kaspia has been renowned for its elevated dining experiences and superb caviar for nearly a century. The new London restaurant introduces a unique members-only concept (although pricey, the membership fee is redeemable in food and goods); lavish interiors reminiscent of the Paris space play host to a stylish crowd and a similar menu offering several types of caviar, and of course, the famous twice-baked potato with sturgeon roe.
On the horizon…
- 20 Berkeley Street – a stylish Mayfair restaurant from Endo Kazutoshi’s restaurant group featuring food from ‘all four corners’ of the British Isles
- Midland Grand – replacing The Gilbert Scott in the St. Pancras Renaissance hotel, featuring a tangerine-hued interior and elevated cuisine by Patrick Powell
- The Campaner – from the Barcelona restaurant group behind Terraza Martinez will open at Chelsea Barracks with a Spanish menu and charcoal oven – plus a great terrace
Later this year...
- Dovetale – 1 Hotel Mayfair’s signature restaurant by Tom Sellers will integrate the hotel group’s eco-conscious focus into the hyper-seasonal cuisine – early summer 2023
- Manzi’s – a long-anticipated multi-story seafood emporium from the Wolseley Hospitality Group will open close to Soho Square with an extensive menu – summer 2023
- Brooklands – Claude Bosi’s restaurant on the rooftop of the new Peninsula Hotel overlooking Hyde Park with a modern European menu
Quintessentially's London office has access to pre-reserved tables at some of the capital's finest dining spots – speak to your lifestyle manager or click here to find out more about membership.