Junior Lifestyle Manager, Singapore
Do you want to work for a globally renowned, award winning lifestyle experience business?
Do you want to be trained in world class customer and client service?
Quintessentially Singapore is looking for superstar Lifestyle Managers to provide life management services to private and corporate clients.
A lifestyle manager helps private and corporate clients with everyday requirements. Duties often include arranging travel plans, coordinating social activities, restaurant bookings, organising small at home events, arranging personal shopping trips, buying gifts and running errands.
- To cultivate a strong personal relationships with private and corporate clients
- To ensure the member receives a warm and personalised introduction to the company
- To regularly communicate with the member, both in person, at face-to-face meetings and by phone
- Multi-tasks to fulfil private and corporate client requests
- To communicate the progress in fulfilling requests by setting expectations, agreeing response timeframes, and delivering regular updates
- To ensure that any problems are resolved professionally
- To ensure that a detailed and up to date database profile is held for each individual member
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- 0-1 years experience in a customer or client service role
- Strong communication skills
- Can do attitude
- Fluent in English. Other languages are advantageous, especially Khmer, Vietnamese and Mandarin
- Team player
- Ability to multitask
- Independent thinkers who think outside the box to solve client requests.
- Able to react and adapt quickly to new requirements and processes
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong IT systems skills, experience with Salesforce is advantageous
- Strong people management skills
Hours of Work
Contractual hours are 9 hour shifts with a one-hour lunch break from 0930 to 2300 Monday to Friday. However, it may be the case that in order to fulfill the duties of the role, different or additional hours may be necessary. From time to time there may be a requirement to be on call outside working hours in case of service-related emergency.