Business Development Director – Events & Experiences
KSA Nationals are welcome to apply
INTRODUCTION TO QX
QX is Quintessentially’s Brand Experience Agency arising out of the merger of our two legacy teams from Quintessentially Events and Quintessentially Travel.
QX harnesses Quintessentially’s unique insight and our strategy, live experience, travel and guest management expertise to help brands and businesses understand, engage with and retain their high-value audience. Our work is global, fast-paced and diverse and we work across a broad range of specialisms, most notably event production, incentive travel, guest management & logistics, event concierge and consultancy services. We also organise legendary private parties & weddings. We have a reputation for creativity, service excellence and integrity – with gold-standard client servicing as our north star. We are known as the global specialists in the luxury sector and have QX offices in 7 countries globally (with this number due to grow).
QX is part of Quintessentially, the world’s leading luxury lifestyle group. Quintessentially has been providing unparalleled access to the world of luxury experiences across the globe for 22 years, leveraging our network of 30+ global offices to deliver tailor-made connectivity to our members. As well as providing both Private and Corporate concierge to our members, Quintessentially has an in-house Travel agency, Estates division and Education consultancy.
REPORTING TO: Head of QX, Middle East
The Business Development Director is our sales professional, with a drive to seek new business collaboration opportunities.
The day-to-day role involves pitching QX to potential new partners and managing our existing client relationships.
The responsibilities vary widely, and the Business Development Director is often to participate in meetings around pitching QX to new clients, explore new collaborations, researches new partners and liaises with existing partnerships. Client retention is a key part of this role and the Business Development Director will also be responsible for nurturing client relationships to ensure return business.
Other tasks are typically more dynamic and socially oriented, and could involve client servicing tasks on confirmed businesses.
The Business Development Director will have a proven track record of generating business in KSA, with a true attitude to nurture, develop and grow our business.
HOURS OF WORK
Contractual hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Sunday to Thursday. The role, however, requires flexibility and it may be the case that in order to fulfil the duties of the role, work on weekend, public holidays or additional / extended hours may be necessary.
A time in lieu policy is in place for work over weekends / public holidays.
- Client service lead for key accounts as indicated by Head of QX, Middle East;
- Support the Head of QX, ME & Director of Events & Experiences to identify business growth opportunities within existing accounts;
- Ensure exceptional ideation for all types of events, experiences and projects;
- Understanding & interpretation of client needs for team deliver winning pitch solutions;
- Manage preparation of strategic and creative pitches: direct team in response to complex briefs with exceptional attention to detail, formulate first technical proposals and present to clients;
- Maintain knowledge of key trends and event content to keep all solutions fresh, innovative and exciting;
- Team player who enforces our company culture;
- Ensure best practices are shared across teams within the region;
- Ability to multi-task, handling multiple clients simultaneously whilst managing demanding clients with varied needs and requirements; and
- Lead, support, train and mentor junior team members.
- KSA National, with strong communication skills in English (written and verbal);
- Proven track record and experience generating business leads in the events; brand experiences, incentive travel, private events industry is essential – astute business development skills;
- Innate understanding of the wider luxury landscape is crucial as well as a natural ability to service clients at the highest level;
- Work experience in Saudi Arabia is a must;
- 8 years + experience in an agency environment with at least 3 years’ experience in a senior role;
- Outstanding client and account management, experienced in handling and developing strong relationships with senior clients and high-net worth individuals;
- Experience working within the luxury or UHNW industry and understanding of the ‘above and beyond’ client servicing required;
- Well-connected with a network of trusted clients, but also suppliers and vendors along with good understanding of event related services in KSA;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset;
- Discretion and sensitivity; and
- Positive can-do attitude, thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Who We Want:
Polished | Dynamic | Positive | Smart | Kind | Leans In | Fast moving | Entrepreneurial | Quick thinking | Strong Work Ethic | Organized | Curious | Efficient | Conscientious | Supportive | Personable | Ambitious | Problem Solver | Innovative | Connected | Professional
- Regional and International travel may be required for this role, sometimes on short notice;
- Must be available to work from the QX office in Riyadh.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: QX – Business Development Director, KSA – Your Name