INTRODUCTION TO QUINTESSENTIALLY TRAVEL
Quintessentially Travel is a global lifestyle travel management company which operates both as a travel agent and tour operator. 2022 is forecast to be a large year of growth for the business and we are looking for a knowledgeable Assistant Accountant to work within the team at Quintessentially Travel.
This role presents a fantastic development opportunity for someone who is looking to get a broad exposure to all accounting and financial processing duties in a medium sized business.
The Assistant Accountant will lead the accounts processing for Quintessentially Travel. The role will involve daily processing, month end duties and assisting the Financial Controller with report preparation and other ad hoc tasks.
The nature of the role and the size of the team and culture of the business is such that there will be opportunities for exposure to different duties and development opportunities for a fast-learning and adaptable candidate.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Client invoicing, and debtors’ management
• Ownership of creditors and debtors accounts. Including the processing of client and supplier invoices and overseeing weekly payment runs
• Managing the credit control process, ensuring prompt payment of commissions owed to business
• Answering supplier emails and resolving queries
• Processing expense payments
• Preparing bank reconciliations and credit cards
• Preparing VAT returns
• Processing payments through internet banking
• Assisting with month end processes, reconciliations and monthly reporting and analysis.
• Supporting audit process’ and providing information and analysis as required
HOURS OF WORK
Monday – Friday
9am – 5:30pm
• 2+ years exposure to working in a similar role
• Exposure to working in the travel industry advantageous but not essential
• Excellent written & oral communication
• Strong IT skills (particularly MS Excel)
• Knowledge of SAGE accounting software is advantageous
• Strong numerical skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Good knowledge of book-keeping principles and practices
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
• A proactive ‘self–starter’ with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Experience in dealing with confidential information using discretion and sensitivity at all times
• Hybrid working (role dependent)
• Competitive annual leave allowance with a further increase due to long service
• Birthday Allowance – take your birthday off on us!
• Pension Scheme
• Angel Days: Additional paid leave to do charity work
• Long Service Awards
• Life Assurance
• Digital nomad - The ability to work from anywhere in the world for 1 week
• Study Leave
• Puppy friendly offices
• Qmunity committee – Social events in the office
• Free tea/coffee and snacks
• Wellbeing platform membership
• Training platform membership
• Season Ticket Loans
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts with a variety of retail and hospitality companies
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org